The oldest free and charitable clinic in the U.S. continues to provide important health care
Residents of Buchanan County earning $7.75 to $11.23 per hour, also known as the working poor, can qualify to receive health care insurance through the Affordable Care Act, but are unable to pay the required insurance premiums;
- Approximately 16,000 of the adults living in Buchanan County are uninsured and living in poverty, which severely limits their access to traditional healthcare;
- Adults without children living in the home, cannot qualify for Medicaid if earning more than $185.00 monthly and are not disabled.
The Social Welfare Board provides low cost health and dental care to people living in poverty
- Patients are asked to pay $5.00 per medical visit
- The clinic connects established patients to free or low cost medications and specialty care
- The dental clinic charges $10.00 per tooth
- Homeless persons have access to medical, counseling and case management services regardless of ability to pay
Yearly the Social Welfare Board sees an average of 5,519 unduplicated patients for a total of 28,318 visits. The dental clinic has an average of 4,109 dental visits annually, including two emergency walk in clinics.
The value of medications acquired through patient assistance programs averages $6,000,000 annually.
Friends of the Free Clinic has joined forces with That’s My Pan!® to raise money for our project! We even have an online website where you can help us out! Order great personalized gifts at better than retail pricing, and feel good that you are helping Friends of the Free Clinic in the process.
FREE BREAST AWARENESS THROW
WIN a Quilted Throw and a $50.00 Gift Card to Walmart
Now through March 31, 2015, GYN Clinic is collecting chances to win a quilted throw and a $50.00 gift card to Walmart.
Chances are earned multiple ways:
- complete your gyn appointment; or
- complete your mammogram; or
- complete your follow up appointment; or
- participate in the wise woman program; or
- refer someone to our women’s health program.
See GYN intake to enter contest. The more you participate… the more chances you earn to win a beautiful quilt and $50.00 gift certificate!